Cut down your travel time significantly with this Masai Mara flying safari which takes only 45 minutes as opposed to a 6-hour road trip.
Moreover, a Masai Mara flying safari will give you an aerial view of Kenya’s beautiful landscapes and multitudes of wild animals and birds.
You will have an opportunity to see massive herds of wildebeest cross the Mara River from Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park.
High peak season starts from June and ends in October when the wildebeest migration is in full force.
However, this Masai Mara flying safari may be scheduled all year round because hundreds of wild animals, birds, and reptiles call this park home and are always present to entertain.
Our flight packages will take you right where the action is at affordable rates.
- Rates are in USD and apply to non-residents
- Rates are per person sharing
- Return flight from Nairobi to Masai Mara
- Return airstrip transfers in Masai Mara
- Daily game drives in a 4×4 safari land cruiser
- Accommodation on full board basis (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Services of a professional English speaking guide
- Bottled water during game drives
- Extra activities: Hippo pool breakfast at Mara Serena Safari Lodge, garden breakfast with bubbly at Sarova Mara Game Camp, sundowner at Basecamp Explorer, snacks alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages at Neptune Mara Rianta and laundry service at Governor’s Camp.
- Park entry: USD 80 per adult and USD 40 per child per night. (Different rates may apply for hotels located in private conservancies)
- Tips and gratuities
- Rates are subject to change without notice
- Xmas and New year supplements may apply during the festive period
Good to know
- Pick up and drop off may be arranged from the guest hotel/ home/airport
- Free for children under 2 yrs old and 70% charge applies to children between 2 to 12 yrs old
- We would like to hear your queries on firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Consider spending your Masai Mara flying safari at any of these highly rated camps.
Base Camp Explorer
Spend your nights star gazing and storytelling around the campfire just like it happened during President Obama’s Masai Mara flying safari in 2006. He liked his stay so much that they christened a tent after him – the Obama Tent, which hosts only 4 guests.
Tents are built on raised wooden platforms along the Talek River which is characterized by dense vegetation on its banks to deliver maximum privacy.
Interiors are fitted with bio flush toilets, solar heated safari showers, and balcony for spectacular views of Masai Mara.
Since the staff is all Maasai, you will get an in-depth knowledge of their traditions and the Mara, an area in which they have coexisted with wildlife for hundreds of years.
This camp is set in Talek and all tents are located along the river bank and feature a canvas exterior.
Each tent has an ensuite bathroom, free WiFi, and seating area and offers sweeping views of the Masai Mara plains, hippos, crocodiles and birdlife that flock the Mara River.
Expect morning wake up calls and birdsong at the start of each day of your Masai Mara flying safari.
Neptune Mara Rianta
This luxury tented camp overlooks the Mara River and consists of 20 tents which all have solar heated, ensuite facilities, seating areas, lounge chairs and in-room safe.
After your game drives, go for an evening barbecue around the pool or watch the Maasai sing and tell tales of their traditions.
Day 1: Nairobi to Masai Mara
You will arrive at Wilson airport at least 1.5 hours before your flight for departure to Maasai Mara.
Shortly after, you will be picked up from the Masai Mara airstrip, and embark on a short game drive en-route to the hotel.
You will be assisted to check in at the hotel and then have lunch and rest before heading out for the afternoon game drive at 4:00 pm.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Masai Mara
You will leave the lodge at 6:00 am after an early morning cup of tea and enjoy an exhilarating game drive in the crisp morning air.
This is one of the best times for game-viewing and the ideal time to catch the plains game on the move, the matriarchal elephant herds, the lion prides and other wildlife.
You will return to the camp by 8:30 for a leisurely breakfast and relaxation at the hotel until the afternoon.
Your 2-hour afternoon game drive will start at approximately 4:00 pm. (You may opt for a full day game drive in some of the hotels).
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Masai Mara to Nairobi
You will leave the lodge at 6:00 am after an early morning cup of tea and enjoy the exhilarating game drive up to 8:30 when you will return to the camp for breakfast.
After breakfast, you may relax at the hotel until check out then head to the airstrip for your return flight. (You may opt for the afternoon departure flight)
***Please note that day 2 and 3 of this itinerary remains the same for a 3 nights package.
Take to the skies with this 3 day Masai Mara flying safari with Vacay Holiday Deals. Book now.
Want to know more about Masai Mara and other destinations? Explore.