Don’t break the bank. Take a 3 day Ngorongoro budget safari to the world’s largest intact caldera.
Ngorongoro Crater plays host to some of the largest tusker elephants left in Africa today as well as the Big Five, wildebeests, buffaloes, zebras, serval cats, flamingoes, and over 400 bird species.
This crater is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and conservation area and over 25,00 large mammals are known to be residing within its walls.
Not far from the crater is a tented camp surrounded by a coffee plantation offering views of the forest, Ngorongoro and farmland.
It has been perched on stilted platforms for safety since buffaloes and elephants roam free. All 15 tented chalets have ensuite bathrooms, African furnishings, beds and clay hearths for warmth.
It is from here that you will enjoy your Ngorongoro Budget Safari as you watch the sun rise and set on the shaded verandah.
Camp facilities include tea & coffee making facilities, electrical lighting, lounge, restaurant, and bar.
Ngorongoro Budget Safari rates are from USD 625
- Game drives in a pop-up roof 4×4 vehicle
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as an upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals (As specified in the itinerary)
- International flights (To and from home country)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the itinerary)
Good to know
- This tour is not available to single travelers.
- This group tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run.
- Rates are per person and exclude the international flight from/to your home country.
- This tour must be paid in US Dollars (USD).
- This tour accepts children of all ages. Children under 12 receive a discount.
- A transfer from the airport (or hotel) can be arranged for an extra cost.
- Accommodation before the tour starts can be arranged for an extra cost.
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
- A transfer back to the airport (or hotel) can be arranged for an extra cost.
Ngorongoro Budget Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Arusha – Ngorongoro
You will be picked up from Arusha City Centre at 14h00hrs and then transferred to Karatu passing through the Masai Steppe filled with several villages that make up the stunning hilly countryside.
You will arrive in time for dinner at 1800hrs where you will check in at Crater Forest Tented Camp and get some nourishment.
- Dinner and overnight at the camp.
- Meal plan: Dinner only. Drinks not included.
Day 2: Ngorongoro Crater
Wake up to a delicious breakfast in the wild then depart to the Ngorongoro Crater.
Due to its size and diversity, the crater floor is comprised of several distinct areas, ranging from forest, swamps, lakes, and springs, to open grassland and some sand dunes.
You will enjoy a picnic lunch at a picturesque stop overlooking a small lake with hippos then resume with your game drive.
There are many mammals, birds, and reptiles to see at the crater which has remained unchanged for thousands of years.
You will then head back to camp as the sun sets.
- Dinner and overnight at the camp.
- Meal plan: All meals included. Drinks not included.
Day 3: Ngorongoro – Arusha
As soon as you have your breakfast, you will check out and head to Arusha, passing through the scenic Maasai Steppe and arrive at Arusha by noon.
- Meal plan: Breakfast only. Drinks not included.
Travel cheap with a 3 day Ngorongoro Budget Safari with Vacay Holiday Deals. Book now.
Want to know more about Ngorongoro and other destinations? Explore.